Van Man Hire's Terms and Conditions
Please note that any removal work carried out by Van Man Hire is bound by the following Terms & Conditions.
Upon acceptance of a removal service with Van Man Hire, you the customer, agree to these Terms & Conditions with no exception
- Our removal vans are booked out for a minimum of 4 hours. Pricing varies depending on the city the move is taking place. This information can be found on our website under the appropriate city.
- The half day booking must be paid in full before the date of the service. Any additional hours are due immediately upon completion of work.
- Removal services to cities outside of Sheffield will be charged for the time taken to travel to destination and back to our base in Sheffield
- Removal services carried out over long distance and Europe are priced per job by contacting Van Man Hire
- A deposit is required before any official booking is confirmed. This sum is a minimum of £100 per van and is non refundable to secure your date. Dates can not be reserved unless a deposit is made and is on a 1st come 1st served basis.
- If the customer changes the date of the booking after it is already confirmed, the deposit is lost and another deposit will be required to secure the new date.
- We reserve the right to change or cancel any bookings
- We reserve the right to charge a higher fee for work carried out on weekends, bank holidays and unsociable hours
- The first 4 hours must be paid in advance of the removal date. Payment for hours after must be met in full upon job completion. Any other kind of payment must be agreed on and made in good time before the moving day
- We regret that cheques are no longer acceptable, but welcome customers paying by card, bank transfer or cash
- All invoices must be paid in full within 3 days of issue date unless an agreement is made in writing with customer before work proceeds. We reserve the right to charge administrative fees for late invoice payments
- Any invoice or payment outstanding will incur the following charges from invoice total;
a) More than 10 working days - 10% charge
b) More than 20 working days - 20% charge
c) More than 30 working days - 30% charge
and so on. . .
- If no response from telephone or email, a £25 admin charge will incur per debt letter posted
- Arrival time on any job is estimated. We will do our best to be on time, but there might be delays caused by circumstances out of our control. ( e.g. weather, traffic... ) We do not accept responsibility for any customer loses due to out of our control pick-up/delivery delays
- It is the customers responsibility to ensure either they or a third party are present during the removal service to guarantee the correct items are moved from the premises and delivered to their rightful place at the new address. We do not accept responsibility for any items mistakenly taken, left behind or moved to the wrong place due to the absence of the customer or customers representative
- All goods in transit are insured for £10,000. Any claim which exceeds this amount is non-refundable
- We do not accept responsibility for damaged or lost property after job is complete and payment is completed
- It's the customers responsibility to provide parking ( reserve a space for the van outside of property before our arrival or arrange a suspension or permit where necessary with local council) If there is no pre-arranged parking and our van receives a ticket, it will be the customers responsibility to pay the fine to the driver at the end of job
- It's the customers responsibility to pack everything properly and ensure any furniture or items are protected accordingly (i.e. bubble wrapped vases, lamps, table tops, dining chairs, flat packed furniture and so on). We do not accept responsibility for damage or breakage caused by poor packing or inappropriate protection
- It's the customers responsibility to dismantle before our arrival any unit, system, furniture and beds, unless a packing service has already been negotiated with us
- If any unit, system, furniture and beds requires us to dismantle before transportation, it's the customers responsibility to reassemble at the destination unless otherwise negotiated with us
- It's the customers responsibility to keep safe any screws, bolts, fixings etc. We do not accept responsibility for any missing fixtures and fittings
- It's the customers responsibility to make sure that all items will fit in the new premises. (e.g. wardrobe, bed, sofa etc.) We are not insured for removing any doors or making new entrances to the premises
- It's the customers responsibility to ensure that all carpets, wallpaper, woodwork etc. is appropriately protected prior to the removal of your items. We do not accept responsibility for any damage to decorating, flooring etc. due to inappropriate or lack of protection methods
- If any delay is caused by the customer ( e.g. everything is not packed, waiting for keys, incorrect address, etc. ) we reserve the right to add an extra cost to the final bill to cover loss of earnings on next job bookings
- No staff abuse will be tolerated. If the driver is forced to terminate a job because of abuse from a customer, the customer will still be charged in full